We’re looking for a Product Designer who loves generating new ideas to elevate the user experience on every digital platform: native mobile, responsive web, smartwatches, TV, and more. You thrive on crafting imaginative solutions to complex problems and embrace feedback through testing and validation. User-centred design is the mantra you work by, but you understand the relationship it has to business goals and tech constraints.
In your role, you will work closely with every team in a product’s life cycle: strategy, design, data, development, and product management, helping to drive various UX initiatives. You will ensure planning, production, and post-care always have a clear voice on behalf of the user. You’ve been involved in generating insights, pain points, personas, and more to help translate strategy and research into wireframes, sketches, and prototypes to communicate flows, hierarchies, and goals.
- Collaborating with strategists on early stages of product creation, leading user research (with support), and moving into flow diagrams, sketches & wireframes
- Creating medium-to-high fidelity prototypes in different formats (paper, hot-spotted mocks, interactive prototypes, etc.)
- Collaborating with design and development teams to ensure the desired user experience is in the final product
- Staying up-to-date on trends, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space
- Analyzing and bringing suggestions on process improvements
- Supporting project teams across the life of a project
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 3 years experience in the role of product designer, user experience designer, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role
- Strong understanding and application of interaction and UI design patterns for mobile and responsive web
- Experience with designing structured content for headless content management systems
- Experience carrying out user interviews, usability testing and journey workshops to generate user data to inform design decisions
- High proficiency in using Figma, Sketch, InVision, or similar design and prototyping tools
- Experience with: user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team based concepting
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong writing, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines
- Nice to have: software development process/business analysis
- Nice to have: experience designing across gesture and voice interfaces
Apply Digital is a digital experience consultancy with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles and New York. Informed by human insights and empirical data, Apply makes and markets apps, platforms, and brand experiences that are smart by nature and intuitive by design. From the apps we design to the platforms we engineer, Apply is driven by an ambition to create world-class digital experiences that enrich and enhance people’s everyday lives.